HIV / Hepatitis / STD Testing
Sweetwater County Community Nursing provides HIV, Hepatitis, Chlamydia, Gonorrhea and Syphilis Testing. The cost for HIV Testing is $25 or you may go to www.knowyo.org to download a free voucher. The cost for Chlamydia is $24, Gonorrhea is $24 and Syphilis is $10. Some financial assistance is available. You may call Arlene or Doni for a confidential appointment.
HIV Services Program / AIDS Drug Assistance Program (ADAP)
The Wyoming Department of Health's HIV Services and ADAP Program provides persons living with HIV/AIDS access to comprehensive health care and other supportive services. These programs serve as the payer of last resort for persons who are uninsured, under-insured, or are otherwise unable to access medical treatment. Funding for these programs is provided, in part, by grants from the United States Department of Health and Human Services, Health Resources Services Administration, and the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development. Some of the available services provided by the programs include:
- Primary medical care
- Laboratory and diagnostic services
- Dental care services
- Vision care services
- Case management services
- Prescription medications
- Mortgage and rent assistance
- Utility assistance
- Transportation assistance
PROGRAM ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS:
In order to be eligible for assistance, an individual must meet all three of the following requirements. You:
- Must be HIV-positive or have a diagnosis of AIDS. A health care provider must verify this by completing the Provider's Medical Certification Form, which is available on our Forms and Downloads page.
- Must be a resident of the state of Wyoming. A copy of a valid Wyoming drivers license or state-issued ID card must be submitted along with the Application for Assistance. There are no other acceptable forms of identification. Persons needing to obtain a drivers license or state ID card can obtain more information from the WYDOT Driver Services website.
- Must have total annual household income at or below the current income guideline, based upon county of residence. The current Application for Assistance form is available from any WY county public health office (Sweetwater County Community Nursing (307)922-5390 / (307)872-3944).
If you or someone you know is living with HIV/AIDS, would like to enroll in these programs, or simply need more information, please feel free to contact any public health nursing office in Wyoming. You may also contact State Program staff directly by telephone at (307) 777-5856, or by email.
HIV/HEPATITIS/STD CONTENT NOTICE: This site may contain prevention messages that may not be appropriate for all audiences. Since HIV, Hepatitis, and/or STD infections are spread primarily through sexual practices or by sharing needles, prevention messages and programs may address these topics. If you are not seeking such information or may be offended by such materials, please exit this site.
MEDICAL INFORMATION DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site, including information relating to health conditions, products, and treatments, is for informational and educational purposes only. Although this web site may provide visitors with information to better understand their health and risk factors for specific diseases, the Wyoming Department of Health (WDH) does not intend to provide specific medical advice. Any information presented is not meant to substitute for the advice provided by your own doctor or other medical professionals. WDH and the HIV/AIDS/Hepatitis Program urge you to consult with a qualified health care provider for diagnosis, treatment, and answers to your personal health care questions.