Pursuant to the Community Services Block Grant (CSBG) Act, the mission of the Sweetwater County Tripartite Board is to improve the well-being and potential of people in poverty by partnering with local agencies to provide direct social services in Sweetwater County.
The Sweetwater County Tripartite Board supports projects that:
- Lessen poverty in communities;
- Address the needs of low-income individuals including the homeless, migrants, and the elderly;
- Provide services and activities addressing employment, education, better use of available income, housing, nutrition, emergency services, and/or health.
The Sweetwater County Tripartite Board was issued "eligible entity" status to oversee CSBG funds on September 29, 2000 by the Wyoming Department of Health and through legislation under the Community Opportunities, Accountability, and Training and Educational Services Act of 1998 (Public Law 105-285, October 27, 1998).
A copy of the authorization can be obtained by clicking this link.
80 West Flaming Gorge Way, Green River, Wyoming, 82935.
(Grants Administration Office)
The board usually meets on the second Monday in March, May/June, September and December at 5:30 p.m. in the Castle Rock Room at the Sweetwater County Courthouse in Green River. Special meetings are advertised in the newspaper for public hearings and to consider proposals for funding from partners. Meetings are open to the public.
The next meeting is scheduled for Monday, September 9, 2019 at 5:30 p.m.
Board Composition and Membership:
In accordance with 42 U.S. Code § 9910 and with Section 676B of the Community Services Block Grant Reauthorization Act of 1998, the Sweetwater County Tripartite Board consists of nine members who must fully participate in the development, planning, implementation, and evaluation of the programs to serve the low-income community. Members serve for terms of three years that can be renewed once.
The board composition, members and their term expiration dates are listed below:
(1) Elected Officials or their Representatives
- Ted Barney (City of Green River Council - Appointed Representative), First Term ends 9/30/2020
- Tim Savage (City of Rock Springs Councilman), First Term ends 9/30/2019, (Vice-Chair 10/1/18 - 9/30/20)
- Randy "Doc" Wendling (Sweetwater County Commissioner), First Term ends 9/30/2022
(2) Representatives of Low-Income Individuals and Families
- Sandy Lake, First Term ends 9/30/2020
- Kathy Vasa, First Term ends 9/30/2021
- April Thompson, First Terms ends 9/30/21
(3) Major Groups and Interests in the Community
- Lisa Bunning, First Term end 9/30/22
- Pat Brown, Second Term ends 9/30/2019, (Chairman 10/1/18 - 9/30/20)
- Linda Kot, First Term ends 9/30/2020, (Secretary/Treasurer 10/1/18 - 9/30/20)
The board members must sign an "Ethics and Conflict of Interest Policy" every year.
Community Needs Assessment:
The Sweetwater County Tripartite Board conducts a community needs assessment every three years to review the key findings on the causes and conditions of poverty as well as the needs of the communities assessed.
As part of the needs assessment, data specific to poverty is collected including gender, age and race/ethnicity. Both qualitative and quantitative data from Sweetwater County is collected and analyzed. The information is included in the Sweetwater County Tripartite Board's Community Action Plan to address issues related to poverty.
A copy of the most recent assessment is available by clicking this link.
Community Service Block Grant (CSBG) Awards and Partners in Sweetwater County:
The Sweetwater County Tripartite Board considers funding requests from agencies every year who will provide direct social services to people living in or experiencing conditions of poverty in Sweetwater County.
The ranking, recommendations, and amount of funding are determined through an extensive process comprised of:
- Public Hearing(s)/Citizen Input
- Project Application/Proposal Score (Combined points from six areas: Community Priorities & Needs; Networking; ROMA Logic Model/Planning Process; Application Completeness; Agency Outcomes; and Compliance/Fiscal Performance)
- Reasonableness of Request
- Performance History
The following agencies and programs were awarded CSBG funding for the period October 1, 2018 through September 30, 2019:
Rock Springs Young At Heart
*Early Learning Center (Child care)
*Meals Program (Home Delivered Meals, Special Diet Meals)
*In Home Services (Homemaker services)
Sweetwater County School District #1
*Head Start Family Advocate (Case management)
Sweetwater Family Resource Center
*Family Independence (Housing and utility assistance)
YWCA of Sweetwater County
*Early Care & Learning Center (Child care)
*Center for Families & Children (Rent and utility assistance)
People requesting CSBG services from these partnering agencies must be at or below 125% of the Federal Poverty Level (FPL).
There are many other Sweetwater County Resources/Services that are available in the community. A copy of a list of the agencies can be obtained by clicking this link.
CSBG Contracts and Audits (CFDA# 93.569):
CSBG funding is awarded by the Wyoming Department of Health, Public Health Division, Community Services Program (CSP) Office to Sweetwater County ("Grantee") who passes the funding through to agencies ("Subgrantees"). These partners will provide direct services to people in poverty.
The control and management of the financial affairs, compliance with monthly reporting and annual performance measures, and the distribution of funds is vested in the Sweetwater County Board of County Commissioners with daily oversight through the Grants Administration Office.
Sweetwater County adheres to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) Uniform Guidance concerning Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles and Audit Requirements (2 CFR Part 200). Every year CSBG funding is reported in Sweetwater County's Financial and Compliance Report specific to 2 CFR 200 Subpart F (Audit Requirements).
If you would like to:
- Serve on the Tripartite Board;
- Submit a proposal for CSBG funding as an agency partner;
- Receive assistance and/or services;
- or would like additional information, please contact:
Krisena Marchal, County Grants Manager
80 West Flaming Gorge Way, Suite 19
Green River, WY 82935
Tel. (307) 872-3888