General Requirements
The Clerk of District Court is a passport application acceptance facility. To apply for a passport, you will need the following:
  • Certified copy (with a raised seal) of your birth certificate
  • Current driver’s license or other picture ID
  • Passport application (do not sign the application, you must sign it after taking an oath in front of one of our acceptance agents); you can obtain an application from this office, or you can print a form from the U.S. Department of State's travel website
  • The appropriate fee (please note, a separate check or money order made payable to the U.S. Department of State is required for each applicant)
  • Two identical passport photos (2”x2” exactly); we recommend that you obtain these photos from a business that has the equipment and experience to take passport photos

Tracking Your Passport
After five to seven days from the date of your application, you can go to the above website to find the status of your application. The secure site allows you to enter your last name, date of birth, and last 4 digits of your Social Security Number. After your inquiry is complete, the information is deleted from the system.

Passport Renewals
You will need a Passport Renewal Form (Form DS-82) to mail to Passport Services for the renewal of your passport. You may pick up this form from our office at the Sweetwater County Courthouse:
80 W. Flaming Gorge Way
Suite 255
Green River, WY 82935

This form is also available on from the U.S. Department of State's travel website (listed above). There, you may ask for more information.