Stewards of Children is the only nationally available program scientifically proven to increase knowledge, improve attitudes and change child-protective behaviors. This revolutionary program is for any responsible adult who cares about the welfare of children. It is also appropriate for youth-serving organizations (sports leagues, day care centers, after school programs, children’s clubs, church groups and more).
Stewards of Children is taught in group sessions by Authorized Facilitators who have been trained by Darkness to Light. Trainings will be held as follows:
WWCC Campus, Green River, the 3rd Thursday of every month
*additional times are available for your group
and can be scheduled by calling 307-872-3829
Who Uses the Program?
Stewards of Children is for any responsible adult who cares about the protection of children. It is also used by individuals, organizations, businesses, and corporations who:
- Seek training for staff and volunteers in the prevention of child sexual abuse.
- Look to enhance their child protection policies and procedures or respond to insurance requirements.
- Want to lead a community-based initiative and offer prevention training to the community.
What Topics are Covered in Stewards of Children?
- Facts about the problem of child sexual abuse
- The types of situations in which child sexual abuse might occur
- Simple, effective strategies for protecting children from sexual abuse
- The importance of talking about the prevention of sexual abuse with children and other adults
- The signs of sexual abuse so that you might intervene and be able to react responsibly
What Outcomes Can Be Expected After Training?
- Increased awareness of the prevalence, consequences and circumstances of child sexual abuse
- New skills for adults to prevent, recognize and react responsibly to child sexual abuse
- Proactive, positive change to organizational policies and procedures
- Individual commitment to action via a personal prevention plan