Land Use

Land Use

Construction in Sweetwater County

All residential, commercial, industrial and mineral construction and use in the unincorporated areas of Sweetwater County requires an approved zoning permit.  This includes construction of homes, oil & gas wells, residential and commercial shops, business offices, cell towers, compressor stations, mining operations, etc.  

Permit applications can be found by clicking Application Forms in the list on the left side of this page.  Most construction will require the completion of the Construction & Address permit application. 

Any construction without the submittal of a permit application or before a submitted permit application has been approved may be subject to a Late Application Fee in addition to the required application fee.

Not sure which permit is required for your project?  Ask us!

read this before buying property in the Red Desert! 
Clicking the above link and reading the Red Desert information packet before your purchase will answer your questions about what is required to develop property in the Red Desert.

Still have questions?  Email us

Join the Planning and Zoning Commission
Interested in serving on the Sweetwater County Planning and Zoning Commission? 
Please fill out the volunteer application and turn it in to the Board of County Commissioners for their consideration.

Other agencies & Additional resources
Report a Nuisance
Wyoming State Well Permit
Wyoming State Electrical Wiring Permit
BLM Right of Way Information
Rock Springs Landfill
SWC Environmental Health Septic Permit
SWC Driveway/Access Permit


Contact Us
Eric Bingham, AICP 
Land Use Director 

Jim Zimmerman
Code Enforcement Specialist
Ph: 307-872-3923

Megann Toomer
GIS Specialist/Planner
Ph: 307-872-3924

Email or Submit Form

80 W. Flaming Gorge Way
Suite 23 
Green River, WY 82935 

Land Use Office:

Ph: (307) 872-3914 
Ph: (307) 922-5430 
Fx: (307) 872-3991

Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 5:00 pm