Free Tuition for Widows, Orphans of War & Veterans
Program participants are eligible for 10 semesters of free tuition and fees at the University of Wyoming or a local community college. Requirements for program participation include:
- Discharged veteran, other than those who have been dishonorably discharged
- Overseas combat veteran who received an expeditionary medal or equivalent
- Resident of Wyoming for at least one year before application
- Surviving spouse or dependent of an eligible veteran who died in active service (dependent must be 22 years of age or less at time of application)
- Vietnam veteran from August 5, 1964 - May 7, 1975
To apply, bring your DD-214 to the educational institution's financial aid office. For more information, please contact Wyoming Veteran's Education Consultant Timothy Fisher at (307) 777-8161.
Operation Recognition High School Diploma
Any veteran of World War II, Korea, or Vietnam who was not able to complete their high school education prior to entering the service may be eligible to receive their diplomas. Diplomas can also be awarded posthumously.
Call (800) 833-5987 or (307) 265-7372 for an application.