Click to Home

Go To Search

Frequently Asked Questions

What is the County Attorney's jurisdiction?

The Sweetwater County Attorney's Office prosecutes both misdemeanor and felony violations of Wyoming State Law within the County of Sweetwater, Wyoming.

Can you provide me with legal advice?
No. In general, the County Attorney's Office is prevented from answering legal questions or offering legal advice. If you are the victim of a crime we would, however, be happy to discuss your case with you and answer any questions you might have.

How do I report a crime? 
All crime reports should be directed to the law enforcement agency with jurisdiction over the area in which the crime occurred. Crimes occurring in Rock Springs should be directed to Rock Springs Police Department. Crimes occurring in Green River should be directed to Green River Police Department. If the crime has occurred in an area of the county that doesn't have a specific police department, the crime should be reported to the Sweetwater County Sheriff's Department.

The County Attorney's Office does not take crime reports. If you have an emergency situation, dial 911 to reach the emergency services you require.

How do I get a copy of a police report?
Contact the law enforcement agency who took the report to obtain a copy.

How do I verify if a business is operating legitimately or if it has been the subject of complaints?
The Better Business Bureau provides information about businesses and consumer complaints on their website at Better Business Bureau

Where do I go to pay a ticket or fine? 
The County Attorney's Office does not collect payment of fines or tickets. Contact the appropriate court, which will be listed on the ticket, for information on payment of fines or tickets. The phone numbers for Rock Springs and Green River courts can be found here.